Public Relations Intern
This internship combines the responsibilities of a PR Account Coordinator and a Research Assistant for New Business, meeting both client and agency needs. This team member will likely work on a variety of accounts and projects through the PR team and the head of Agency Strategy and Development.
- Comfortable working remotely in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire for client services work on communications planning and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Strong research skills
- Effective time management skills - ability to prioritize a multi-task workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Internship with a PR, advertising or marketing firm, or similar function.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strategic background in social media and social listening and reporting a plus.
- Knowledge of current events and eager to learn about a variety of business industries.
- Participate in internal account team meetings, kick-off meetings, and agency status meetings.
- Respond to assignments regarding client or agency needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with preparing and documenting conference reports, internal meeting notes, project documentation, competitive activities, status reports and other work as needed.
- Monitor job progress reports to assure compliance with schedules and estimated hours.
- Coordinate various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Participate in brainstorming and account planning sessions.
- Write web-based content, including blog posts and articles.
- Work on a variety of social media-related projects, including research, content development, social listening and reporting.
- Support media outreach efforts, including media list building, pitching, monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct Internet research for new business development and current clients
- Continually update and help manage the agency CRM system.
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
Remote, work-from-home position, with option to work in dog-friendly, Chicago-based office, if preferred.